Saturday, June 25, 2011

A War For My Soul.

Holding tightly to my past,
Overwhelmed - the tension thick.
My hands burn from this death grasp;
The ground has disappeared beneath my feet.

Fear has frozen me in place.
A chill wind blows, crawling up my spine,
It's deadly fingers caress my face.
I shiver inside - overtaken by lies.

Yet as gradual as the tide, rising up the shore;
A Heavenly presence surrounds me.
His soft breath warms me to the core.
Hesitantly, I begin to hope.

"Let go, my child, of your many fears,
Give me control - fall into my arms.
I promise to wipe away your tears,
To be your comfort and your strength."

The constant battle wages, turmoil raises, I continue to wait.
He is so patient, urging me to take this leap, to finally be free.
So with a deep breath, I choose to take this mighty step of faith.
Letting go of the fear, the lies, the past.

Free-falling, through the clouds;
Sunshine streams into my eyes,
Filled with joy, for once, not doubt.
And then I'm resting in His arms.

Alive and unharmed.


written by: me! (on the LT retreat) 

No comments:

Post a Comment