Saturday, June 9, 2012

It's been awhile!

Hi there people, if anyone even reads this anymore that is. I'm probably just talking to the vast infinity of the internets, but hey, i need something to do during this surprisingly quiet evening shift at the hospital.

Here's a quick recap of my life:

Exactly one month ago, I was in Seattle!
It was an even better trip than I thought it would be! We all had an epic time together; climbing mountains, exploring downtown, traveling on ferries, seeing Microsoft, etc, etc. The scenery was absolutely breathtaking and I was seriously blown away by the beauty of nature and greenery and just everything. I could totally see myself out there! Even without a certain special guy of mine who just happens to live there. :)
Check out some pics!



 





Ever since that trip, it's been work, work, work. I've been doing about 30-40 hours a week at the hospital and I am learning SO FREAKING much. It's amazing. and awful. (did i mention i'm a certified a**-wiper now?!) yay.
haha well, yeah, the job has it's pros and cons, but i'm so thankful to be here and to be experiencing stuff that is going to give me such an edge next year in school. I've met a lot of fun people too, so at least it's never boring!

I hope this summer is as good as last years though. Last year was full of fun times, LT, socializing, and spending time with Jesus. Except I didn't get to see John for 3 months, which killed me.
This summer I get to see John twice! Once NEXT weekend! and another time in mid-July! (we are going to FL again because my family will be down there!) :) so that will break up the monotony. I'm trying to exercise more, and read some fun books too! When i can fit that in, that is. I'm also trying to rekindle some high school friendships, which I have found to my surprise, have actually stayed strong despite our lack of communication. So that's cool!

I guess I'm just a little sad and happy and confused and emotional. I want to be happy with my life and take each day as it comes. I want to find joy in the little things and make a difference in other's lives, even if I am not noticed or praised. I want to shine for Jesus in my workplace and maybe, just maybe, share my testimony. I don't want to look for worldly recognition, but find contentment in all circumstances. I want to keep my eyes on JESUS and look to Him for my constant source of acceptance, love and beauty. I just don't want to get lost in myself again.

Thanks for listening. :) It means more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment